850mm PNG Carbon Front Wing
For the past year we have been listening to our customers how they have been dreaming of a smaller version of the 910PNG a wing that pumps and glides like the PNG series, but turns really tight, and has a greater speed Now that wing would be so versatile, it could an amazing prone foil, or winging, or SUP or kite etc. so we couldn’t resist the challenge.
So now the 850, together with the 910, 910B, 1010, 1150, and the 1300 form the latest Pump and Glide wing family.
The Pump and Glide wings are designed to be easy and early to lift for their size. The have tons of control, and feel comfortable for most levels of riding. Our Glide wings pump unreal, and glide effortlessly and endlessly. And they are fast wings, but their focus is not to be the fastest wing on the market. But instead, to be the easiest high aspect wing that almost everyone can ride, and can improve their level of riding right away.
If you have already experienced the PNG ride, then the AXIS PNG 850 wing will make you feel right at home. But its faster, turns tighter, and carves beautify if you were looking for a foil wing that feels like a natural extension of your body, this is probably the one
When surfed, the PNG 850 will quickly become your go to setup for medium +conditions. Waist to head high waves, 15+kts wind, is we’re the 850 excels.
your light weight riders will use the PNG 850 as their every day foil, on the Ultrashort or Crazyshort fuses.
The AXIS 850 carbon wing can be ridden with the tip off the water, and you won't even notice it. Incredibly smooth and well behaved.
As with every AXIS front wing, the graphics on the wings give you all possible measurements so you can best compare and also quickly swap pieces or get new accessories for your foil.
AXIS PNG 850 Carbon Wing
WINGSPAN: 850 mm / 33.4 inches
MAX CHORD: 150mm, 5.91 inches
ASPECT RATIO: 6.81
ACTUAL AREA 1102 square cm / 170.8 square inches
PROJECTED AREA: 1061 square cm / 144.5 square inches
VOLUME: 1044 cubic cm / 64 cubic inches
WING Surfing for all levels and medium / stronger conditions, or light conditions for smaller riders Perfect for lightweight adults or kids learning the sport
Prone - will dominate in most waves for pump and glide effortlessly hunting for the next bump
SUP / Surf - Medium bumps, Tight turns and higher speeds
Wake foiling - Fast rides, with quicker frequency pumps
Windsurfing foiling - Smooth easy riding, all conditions
Kite Foiling - light to medium winds and super stable riding
Suggested Rear Wing:
Rear Wing Options:
- 500mm Carbon for max control, stability and slower ride (entry levels) - too big for the 850
- 460mm Carbon for high speed and loose turning (advanced)
- 420mm Carbon for the ultimate performance (speed and turning - intermediate +). One of our favorite rear wings for fast riding and carving.
- 440mm Carbon for control and stability (all levels)
- 400mm Carbon for looser feel and carvy turns while still maintaining good amount of control (Intermediate)
- 400HA Carbon flat for max speed and loose turning across all disciplines
- 390mm Carbon for Wing and Surf with good turning control and additional glide
- 380mm Carbon for max speed with good carve control and max performance
- 370mm Carbon for loose feel and fast turning, with less stability (intermediate).
- 340mm Carbon for even looser feel and even less drag and more speed. (advanced)
- 500mm Anhedral Carbon specific to windsurf foiling
When you purchase the AXIS PNG 910B carbon front wing we include an AXIS padded cover with zipper, in heather gray, and AXIS branding, for safer setup, transportation and storage.
What screws to mount wing to the fuselage:
|PNG Wing||Front Screws||Middle Screw||Rear Screw|
|1300mm x 180mm||M8 x 20mm||no screw needed||M8 x 20mm|
|1150mm x 180mm||M8 x 20mm||no screw needed||M8 x 20mm|
|1010mm x 170mm||M8 x 20mm||no screw needed||M8 x 20mm|
|910mm x 160mm||M8 x 20mm||no screw needed||M8 x 20mm|
|910mm x 160mm||M6 x 14mm||M8 x 20mm||M8 x 20mm|
|850mm x 150mm||M6 x 14mm||M8 x 20mm||M8 x 20mm|
These guides are meant to serve as suggestions, riders adjust to their abilities. AXIS Foils assumes no responsibility for misuse of equipment outside of suggested guidelines.
(right click "view image" or "open image in new tab" will also generate a much larger image)