Downwind Foil Package - Standard Fuselage
The AXIS S-Series Foil is by far the best performer on the market today. The engineering on these foils, the stiffness on each connection point and the strength of the design, outperforms any other surf/sup/pump/wake foil on the market. The S-Series front wings, rear wings and components are all interchangeable. You can keep on adding different size masts, front wings, rear wings or fuselages as your style and skill level evolve. The massive 1020mm (or 1000mm, 920mm, 900mm, 820mm) Carbon front wing, together with the 440mm or 400mm rear wings make an ideal foil for downwinders.
For your downwind setup we recommend the 1020mm, 1000mm, 920mm, 900mm, or 820mm front wings, with either the Standard (more stable), or Short (looser) fuselages, and the 440 (faster) or 400 (fastest) rear wings.
Most downwind setups use either the 75cm or 90cm masts, although the 105cm gets over the Molokai swells in style.
Here are more details on our wings:
- 1020mm (wingspan) carbon wing is ideal for small bumps and heavier riders. Also, great for dock starts and pumping, stable and super easy to ride.
- 920mm (wingspan) carbon wing is the allround workhorse in our wing collection. Great for small to medium size bumps, stable and super easy to ride.
- 900mm (wingspan) carbon wing is a high performance, higher aspect front wing designed for speed. It takes a bit of effort to get it up and pumping, but when you do, you won't believe the speed and carving. By far our fastest downwind wing.
- 820mm (wingspan) carbon wing is a bit faster and a bit surfier than its larger siblings. Great for medium+ size bumps, fast downwinders, and all round performance riding.
We offer the following rear wings for Downwind - Short Fuselage:
- 400mm (wingspan) carbon rear wing, is our most recent creation for even looser riding and quick carves and turns.
The AXIS Foils S-Series package includes the following:
- Front carbon wing (strong and lightweight), with its cover (your choice of sizing)
- Rear carbon wing (strong and lightweight), with its cover (your choice of sizing)
- Your choice of mast length (45cm, 60cm, 68cm, 75cm, 90cm, 105cm)
- Quick release base plate / Foil Mount (just loosen the bolts to disconnect), 3D CNCed anodized aluminium
- S-Series Short fuselage (3D CNCed anodized aluminium)
- Stainless steel torx screwset & torx keys (strongest screwhead that won't strip)
- Tef Gel anti-seize lubricant (a must have to prevent the aluminum parts from seizing)
- Travel bag (fits all parts, but the front wing which has its own bag/cover)
These guides are meant to serve as suggestions, riders adjust to their abilities. AXIS Foils assumes no responsibility for misuse of equipment outside of suggested guidelines.